[twill] query before a release

Stephen Thorne stephen at netboxblue.com
Mon May 8 16:06:36 PDT 2006

Titus Brown wrote:
> I've only got one more outstanding bug that I'd like to poke at before I
> release twill-0.8.6.  This pending bug is the one that Jeff Forcier
> reported regarding multiple form fields with the same name; Stephen
> Thorne provided some patches for it, and I haven't had a chance to look
> at them yet.  (Luckily I think this may boil down to understanding his
> test cases and applying the patches ;).

Darcs is so fire and forget. In my view, this bug has been fixed for
weeks. I don't even remember the specifics. :)

> Bigger question: overall, I get the impression that things are
> relatively stable.  Am I fooling myself?

After the bumps I had to begin with, I found migrating all my pbpscript
code to py.test/twill to be very straightforward. I don't see a reason
not to cut a release of what you have.

Is twill in any open source distributions yet? ubuntu, fedora, debian,
freebsd, darwinports? I'm currently using 'python setup.py bdist_rpm' to
create rpms to deploy twill on my buildslaves.
--
Regards,
Stephen Thorne

Scanned by the NetBox from NetBox Blue