[twill] query before a release

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon May 8 10:06:25 PDT 2006

Hi all,

sorry for taking so long with the 0.8.6 release; I've been doing some
consulting, and while this has helped me understand various twill
use cases, it's also slowed down my OSS coding time :(.

I've only got one more outstanding bug that I'd like to poke at before I
release twill-0.8.6.  This pending bug is the one that Jeff Forcier
reported regarding multiple form fields with the same name; Stephen
Thorne provided some patches for it, and I haven't had a chance to look
at them yet.  (Luckily I think this may boil down to understanding his
test cases and applying the patches ;).

I'm also planning to add a 'directory' extension module with 'cd' and
'popd' commands, along with some command options to help deal with path
problems.

Simultaneously with a 0.8.6 release, I'd like to push out an alpha
release of an HTTP-to-twill recorder that I wrote last week.  This is
the last coding prerequisite for a 0.9 beta release of twill, in my
mind.  I also hope to update the documentation fairly drastically and
maybe increase the test coverage.  Am I missing any obvious features
here?

Bigger question: overall, I get the impression that things are
relatively stable.  Am I fooling myself?

thanks,
--titus