[twill] How to output text on the screen to a log file

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Thu Mar 30 15:36:09 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 10:43:06AM -0500, Do, Uy N wrote:
-> redirect_errors method sounds good. It's important for us developers to
-> figure it out what's wrong as fast as we can :). Any plan for releasing
-> this method?

I just added the functions 'redirect_error' and 'reset_error'.

-> >> When I ripped off PBP to write twill, my intent was to
-> >> continue along the road of using it as a testing tool.  So stopping
-> at
-> >> the first error it finds is what I intended.
-> If this was your intention then just leave it like that. I've found
-> another way to do my tests by breaking a test suite into small test
-> cases, where I can have one log file for each. It's a tedious job to
-> loop through each of the log files but I can leave with it for now,
-> thanks to python's ease of use.

'twill-sh --never-fail' (or 'twill-sh -n') will now continue executing
past failures in scripts.  Errors etc. will be printed normally.

Please try them out and let me know it goes...

These changes are available in egg form under 0.8.5a4 at

	 http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/dist/

or from

	http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/twill-latest.tar.gz

cheers,