[twill] ClientForm.AmbiguityError: more than one control matching type 'checkbox'

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Thu Mar 30 13:43:08 PST 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 11:41:10PM -0800, Titus Brown wrote:
-> -> Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I have a form and want to
-> -> display the form contents and get the following error:
->
-> -> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/twill-0.8.4-py2.4.egg/twill/other_packages/ClientForm.py",
-> -> line 3077, in _find_control
-> ->     raise AmbiguityError("more than one control matching "+description)
-> -> ClientForm.AmbiguityError: more than one control matching type 'checkbox'

I've just committed the following patch:

diff -rN twill-old/twill/other_packages/ClientForm.py
twill-new/twill/other_packages/ClientForm.py
1869c1869
<         except ControlNotFoundError:
---
>         except (ControlNotFoundError, AmbiguityError):

It's available in egg form under 0.8.5a3 at

	 http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/dist/

or from

	http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/twill-latest.tar.gz

Note that I've changed the default encoding back to latin-1; John Lee
fixed a few things in the encoding handling, so I thought I'd give it
a try.  (It no longer breaks under the test case I have that previously
distinguished latin-1 from utf-8 handling.)

cheers,