[twill] Process cannot access file

William K. Volkman wkvsf at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 29 17:35:30 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 17:07 -0800, Titus Brown wrote:
> -> It seems Tidy is doing something annoying as far as the filesystem is
> -> concerned ... something that works fine on Linux but doesn't on Windows.
>
> Also, oddly enough, it didn't seem to be a problem back in 0.8.3.  I did
> change some of the installation mechanisms between 0.8.3 and 0.8.4, so I
> guess I have something to test...

Actually it could be something so simple as leaving the file open for
reading on a network drive.  The sharing semantics change.

For some real fun try mapping a file to memory and then reading from
a (the same) file handle to the same file, you get different data.
Even destroying the memory map and re-mapping still gives you
different data.

How do you want to break your data store today...
(sorry, I'll step off my soapbox now).

HTH,
William.