[twill] Process cannot access file

aledain@arach.net.au aledain at arach.net.au
Tue Mar 28 07:00:30 PST 2006

Hi Everyone,

Just downloaded 0.8.4 egg. However everytime I run twill either from the command
line or using a python script I get the following message:

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I guess twill must be trying to write to some file for which I have (a) not
complete permission or (b) the directory/file does not exist, or (c) there is
some sort of threading problem here? Using grep I cannot find this error message
in any of the files in the python directory, including the twill directory. I
guess this must mean it's hard coded in a dll ;-(

Otherwise twlil runs fine, just seems to throw this message with every follw/go
command.

This is under XP, running a cherrypy (built-in) server on 8080 in another dos
box. I have Firefox open simultaneously with one 'tab' pointed at the web page.
However it doesn't seem to matter if I browse 127.0.0.1:8080 or an outside
address. For example what I see is:

>twill-sh
>> go http://www.google.com.au/
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
==> http:/www.google.com.au/
current page: http:/www.google.com.au/

cheers, Alex.