[twill] How to output text on the screen to a log file

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Mar 27 22:00:16 PST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 06:38:32PM -0500, Do, Uy N wrote:
-> Hi,
->
-> I searched the archive but didn't see any thing like saving the text on
-> the screen to a log file yet. I'm pretty sure it's easier to read a log
-> file if we have a long task to run.
->
-> I tried to use the redirect_output command but the file always has 0
-> byte.
->
-> Oh, I'm using twill on a windows platform PC.
->
-> Any idea how I can do this?

Hi, Uy,

is the file still 0 bytes after you exit twill?  Or are you looking at
the file while twill-sh is still running?

I should probably add a command-line option to send all output to a
file...

thanks,
--titus

p.s. Separate q -- are you running twill 0.8.4?  I'm curious about how
well the install works on Windows.