[twill] passing parameters to twill scripts

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Thu Mar 23 10:30:13 PST 2006

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 02:08:19PM +0100, Michele Simionato wrote:
-> Is there a way (or are there plans) to pass parameters to a twill script?
->
-> For instance I would like to pass to the script the URL to start with;
-> for instance
-> it could be http://my-site-devel.com or http://my-site-test.com or
-> http://my-site-prod.com.
->
-> I would expect a bash-like syntax:
->
-> $ cat test.twill
-> go $1
-> echo 'done!'
->
-> $ twill-sh test.twill http://my-site-devel.com

hi, Michele,

some details still need to be worked out, but I've added the 'argparse'
extension module for the purpose of grabbing sys.argv.  See

	http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/twill/doc/extensions.html#argparse

What do you think about adding a '--' separator to the twill-sh command
line, so that you can do things like

	twill-sh test.twill -- arg1 arg2 arg3

?