[twill] problems with form filling works in 0.8.3 but not in 0.8.4a10

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Mar 22 23:37:46 PST 2006

-> I'm looking at this problem too, and what I've come up with is that
->
-> commands.formvalue(formnum, fieldname, value) is insufficent for the
-> task of selecting, and deselecting, checkboxes.
->
-> The issue lays in that the action needs the following data:
-> What Form?
-> What Checkbox Name?
-> What Checkbox Value?
-> On or Off?
->
-> The API as it stands will select or deselect a single, or, if we let
->
-> commands.formvalue(formnum, fieldname, 'foo')
->
-> work, will allow selection, but not de-selection, of checkboxes.
->
-> Going back to the hackish API that PBP used to use, we could allow:
->
-> commands.formvalue(formnum, fieldname, '+foo')
-> commands.formvalue(formnum, fieldname, '-foo')
->
-> as well.
->
-> Please see attached patch and tests.

Hi, stephen,

Thanks for this fix; I've applied it.  The root of the problem is that
I'd forgotten that checkboxes could do this ;).

cheers,