[twill] twill Digest, Vol 8, Issue 14

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Mar 20 15:17:21 PST 2006

Another one lost to twill... but I can't feel sad about it ;).  Let me
know how it goes!

cheers,
--titus

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 05:54:37PM -0500, John Mudd wrote:
-> Thanks!  VNC works much better than ssh alone.
->
-> The only stumbling block is that the remote Linux box has all but port
-> 22 (ssh) blocked.  So running vncviewer at home couldn't access the
-> port (5901) published by the remote vncserver.  But it's easy to
-> forward the remote port home with the following command.
->
->     ssh -2 -n -R 2024:localhost:5901 -N <my home IP addr>
->
-> I chose port 2024 arbitrarily.  Now I can connect from home using the following.
->
->     vncviewer localhost:2024
->
-> It works great.  This remote Linux box only gives me about 30 KB/sec
-> net access but now that I'm using VNC I have a Linux desktop that
-> works well.  Now I can try Firefox and Seleniun-IDE.
->
-> John
->
->