[twill] ERROR: multiple matches to "data"

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Mar 20 09:59:33 PST 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 01:06:41PM +0000, Norman Khine wrote:
-> hi i have this form:
->
-> Form name=edit
-> ## __Name__________________ __Type___ __ID________ __Value__________________
->    None                     select    formatblock  [''] of ['', '<p>',
-> '<h1>', '<h2>',  ...
->    data                     textarea  data
->
->    None                     checkbox  CB_data      [] of ['on']
->    data                     textarea  (None)
->
-> 1                           submit    (None)       Change
->
->
-> everytime I type, I get:
->
-> ERROR: multiple matches to "data"
->
-> is there a way to seperate the two?

Hi, Norman,

the only way to separate them is to specify their index on the form.
(Conveniently twill fails to give you that index... ;) I will put
in a patch tonight.

Nonetheless you should be able to do something like this:

	fv 1 2 "input"

The '2' is the number of the 1st 'data' textarea.  (Indices count from 1
up.)

A better question -- one I don't know the answer to -- is, what is going
to happen on the submit?  And what *should* happen?  Multiple fields
with the same name can't be distinguished in the POST, right?