[twill] twill changes.

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Mar 15 01:04:41 PST 2006

Hi all,

here are the two types of changes I made tonight:

  * added 'check_links' extension module, so that you can do this:

       go http://www.idyll.org/
       extend_with check_links
       check_links

    to check all of the links on a page.

  * significantly updated documentation; added extensions documentation,

  	http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/twill/doc/extensions.html

    installation docs,

    	http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/twill/doc/install.html

    and a list of known problems,

        http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/twill/doc/problems.html

    I also updated the list of other packages to include some Perl and
    PHP Web testing tools.

I bumped the version to 0.8.4a6 and made eggs available at the usual
place:

	http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/dist/

The latest code is also available at

	http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/twill-latest.tar.gz

I'm hoping to get 0.8.4 out sometime this week; it should include Jeff
Martin's variable expansion patch, a fix for Ondrej Certik's HTTP-EQUIV
problem, and fixes for several form checkbox/duplicate field problems.

I'm going to bag on deeper fixes for the unicode issues 'til 0.8.5, I think.

cheers,