[twill] twill script suggestion (was Re: Problem with file upload using formfile)

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Mar 15 00:23:57 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:25:23AM +0530, Pushyamitra Navare wrote:
->
-> Also, another suggestion I had was: It might be a good idea to do os.chdir()
-> to the script being run so that it is possible to specify a relative arg. to
-> runfile such as 'runfile ../login.twill' etc. Currently I am doing this in my
-> wrapper class, but it may be a good idea to have this in twill. :)
-> Any thoughts?

Hi, Pushya,

sorry for taking so long to reply --

I'm averse to putting in any kind of file system magic like os.chdir(),
because it often has unintended side effects.  For example, some
directories in PYTHONPATH may be specified as a relative path, in which
case a chdir would break them.

Putting it in a wrapper class as you're doing is the right way to do
this, I think.

cheers,