[twill] empty textareas submit newline?

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Sun Mar 5 14:28:35 PST 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 11:18:29PM +0100, gabor wrote:
-> hi,
->
-> i have a simple webpage with a form with a textarea,
-> like:
->      <form action="" method="get">
->          <textarea name="teaser" rows="10" cols="40"></textarea>
->      </form>
-> </body>
->
-> the problem is that when i go there with twill, and do a submit, it
-> submits this:
->
-> textarea.html?teaser=%0A
->
-> a newline.
->
-> a different way to reproduce the problem is to simply use "showforms".
-> and you will see that for all the should-be-empty textareas the content
-> is a newline (there is an empty line below the textarea's line).
->
-> so, is this a bug or i am doing something very stupid :) ?
->
-> gabor

sounds like a bug to me!  Hopefully I'll get a chance to look at it
tonight.  It's probably in ClientForm, if you want to have a go at it
yourself, although on a cursory inspection I don't see anything
obviously wrong.

(twill/other_packages/ClientForm.py)

cheers,
--titus