[twill] NTLM Support

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Jun 5 10:41:44 PDT 2006

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Titus Brown wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 11:22:21AM -0400, Jon Miller wrote:
> -> I have used the mechanize module to help automate some web browser
> -> functionality, but this is the first time I've ran across the twill
> -> package. With mechanize I had problems with the M$ pages using NTLM
> -> authentication and I never found resolution.
> -> I tried searching the twill site for any mention of NTLM support, but
> -> hadn't found anything. What is the current state of using twill with
> -> NTLM authenticated sites?
>
> hi, Jon,
>
> twill is built on top of mechanize -- and at the moment, mechanize only
> supports HTTP Basic Authentication.

...and I'm not going to add this in the immediate future because I think
it requires a persistent connection, and mechanize / urllib2 don't
currently do that (but there's no reason why they shouldn't of course).

Titus' suggestion of using a proxy is the most practical one ATM.

(if somebody else wants to add this to mechanize, patches are welcome)

John