[twill] NTLM Support

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Jun 5 09:35:20 PDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 11:22:21AM -0400, Jon Miller wrote:
-> I have used the mechanize module to help automate some web browser
-> functionality, but this is the first time I've ran across the twill
-> package. With mechanize I had problems with the M$ pages using NTLM
-> authentication and I never found resolution.
-> I tried searching the twill site for any mention of NTLM support, but
-> hadn't found anything. What is the current state of using twill with
-> NTLM authenticated sites?

hi, Jon,

twill is built on top of mechanize -- and at the moment, mechanize only
supports HTTP Basic Authentication.

However, looking at

	http://xhaus.com/alan/python/proxies.html

it looks like there are a number of packages out there that support NTLM
authentication via a proxy.  At the worst you could always hook
twill/mechanize up to those; at the best, someone could swipe the code
and put it into mechanize or twill.  Right now that'd be possible with
the LGPL licensed code on the page...