[twill] RELEASE: twill 0.8.5

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Sun Jun 4 22:57:19 PDT 2006

OK, I finally just released it.  Sorry for taking so long; I've been
doing some consulting & working on some other testing code (the nose
demo and scotch in particular, for those who read planetpython).

Note the new twill site, 'twill.idyll.org'.

I've started putting bugs and feature stuff in a Trac site, at

	http://twill.idyll.org/trac/

This trac site is for twill, wsgi_intercept, and scotch -- all
intersecting projects.  The source browser isn't linked into the
source archives yet; I don't know if it ever will be.  For now,
I'm mainly using the bug tracker and roadmap features.

The next major release should be twill 0.9.  For the list of
tickets, see

	http://twill.idyll.org/trac/milestone/twill-0.9

Click on the bar to see a summary of the tickets.  John will be glad to
know that I'm going to abandon maintaining my own branch of mechanize
for twill 0.9: I'll still distribute a specific version with twill, but
I'll do my best to make it a stock mechanize distribution.  Other than
that, the tickets include a few outstanding bugs, as well as a simple
twill recorder.

In more general terms, over the next few months, I'll be (a) writing my
PhD thesis; (b) working on a short twill book for a major technical
publisher; and (c) working on twill 0.9.  I think (b) & (c) will go
together fairly well, but I'm unclear on how well (a) will interact with
the others ;).

cheers,
--titus

p.s. People wishing to add/edit/etc. stuff on the wiki should use
username 'guest', password 'honor'.