[twill] Newbie question on approach to following links

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Jul 31 10:36:22 PDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 01:57:22PM -0700, Hal Wine wrote:
-> On 7/26/06, Terry Peppers <peppers at gmail.com> wrote:
-> > This probably isn't the correct answer, but when I'm trying to access
-> > certain elements of a page I've been using Beautiful Soup with decent
-> > results.
->
-> No that makes sense - Thanks, Terry! As I now understand it:
-> - use twill for interpage navigation
-> - use twill for "lightweight" content examination
-> - use BeautifulSoup for deep content inspection
->
-> I hadn't really examined BeautifulSoup yet - it's quite nice - thanks
-> for the pointer!

Hi, Hal,

this is a nice little summary.  I'll add it to the twill page!

(...and make it easier to get ahold of a BeautifulSoup object...)

thanks,