[twill] Problem with file upload using formfile

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Jul 17 13:54:01 PDT 2006

-> Sorry for delay in reply. As I was busy automating other stuff which had
-> higher priority,  I could not send you the twill traffic recording and the
-> browser traffic recording.
->
-> I followed the procedure as mentioned by you on Windows. I downloaded the
-> wsgirwef package. But it seems there is some problem running the
-> run-recording-proxy.py.
-> 1) If I do not provide the option values on the command prompt, I get an
-> empty twill-traffic.pickle file even after browsing to the application with
-> upload functionality (here  I edited the run-recording-proxy.py file at
-> line no.18 and 20 to change the default host and port number).
->
-> 2) When I provide the option values at command prompt I get error. I am
-> attaching the error lines I get while running the run-recording-proxy.py
-> with this e-mail.
->
-> Please direct me as to what to do next or please let me know any additional
-> steps to be followed on Windows to get the run-recording-proxy.py file
-> running successfully.

Hi, Swati,

it sounds like you're not actually hitting the proxy.  Are you sure you
have the proxy settings set correctly?

If you stop run-recording-proxy.py and try to browse, your browser
should complain that the proxy isn't running.  Then, after restarting
run-recording-proxy, you should see proxy output for each URL request
that goes through.

cheers,