[twill] Using Beautiful Soup to Find Images

William K. Volkman wkvsf at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 12 14:46:46 PDT 2006

Hello Terry,
On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 13:23, Terry Peppers wrote:
> Had a question for the group related to Beautiful Soup that is
> packaged with Twill.
>
> I'm trying to get away from using a regex to pull out all of the
> images in a HTML page, I figured I would use Beautiful Soup since it's
> included with Twill and it's made for parsing HTML, but I'm having
> some seriously weird results.

Make sure that you are using a version of Beautiful soup that
works with mechanize, not the latest version (IIRC 2.x does,
3.x does not). See an earlier thread in the mailing list
archives.

You might want to rummage down the module list and just
use the Beautiful soup module included with Twill instead.

HTH,
William.