[twill] Configuration for check_links extension

Hancock, David (DHANCOCK) DHANCOCK at arinc.com
Fri Jul 7 07:17:29 PDT 2006

We're using the check_links extension, but on some of the pages we
monitor with it, we have hundreds of links that are to servlet on our
own site, sometimes the same servlet over and over, with a different GET
parameter. This unnecessarily loads our server.

What we'd REALLY like to do is only check offsite links, so my questions
are two-fold:

1. What's the right way to add a configuration parameter? I tried
whacking on a local copy of the extension, copying the style of the
single configuration parameter that is in there. Didn't work, and I
didn't want to break it further.

2. What's the best way to ignore "local" links? I tried to examine the
url variable, looking for 'https:' before it got processed. Our local
servlets show up in anchor tags without the protocol (<a
href="/ADC/AirportInfo?ap=KBWI">, for example). I couldn't get this to
work.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

Cheers!
--
David Hancock | dhancock at arinc.com | 410-266-4384