[twill] twill - my first experiences

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Sun Jan 22 17:27:19 PST 2006

Hi, Kieran,

-> I've finally found a little time to play around with twill and the maxq
-> recorder.   Very cool.  It was also my first experience using easy_install -
-> wonderful - why has it taken so long for the Python world to get this?
->
-> Just in case you're twiddling your fingers over the break ;) I thought I'd
-> pass on a couple of things from my experiments:
->
-> Using v0.8, the twill shell balked when I entered the following (malformed)
-> regular expression:

[ ... ]

->   File "<string>", line 1
->     15\.00
-> SyntaxError: invalid token

The latest pyparsing fixes this, but I've also added in some code to
catch all parsing exceptions.  Thanks for letting me know!

-> The maxq recorder is great - would it be possible to output the form names,
-> where applicable, rather than the numbers?

I'm actually hoping to get a TCPWatch recorder going; the maxq recorder
is very annoying to work with.  At that point the form names will be
output ;).

thanks,