[twill] Testing Tomcat applications with twill

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Sun Jan 15 10:28:13 PST 2006

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 10:16:19AM -0800, Michael Oliver wrote:
-> Thanks,
->
-> My guess was that twill would be able to do it, as you said, "anything a Web
-> browser can do" and yes to my understanding Tomcat uses "Basic
-> Authentication".

Try using the 'add_auth' command in twill, e.g.

	add_auth IdyllStuff http://www.idyll.org/ titus test

will put in username 'titus', password 'test', for any URL under
http://www.idyll.org/, in the authentication domain IdyllStuff.

Separately, I have noticed problems in the past with urllib's
interpretation of Web URLs like 'hostname:port/path/'.  You
may be running into that bug; I have, I believe, fixed it in twill.

Let me know if the add_auth stuff works.

cheers,