[twill] Testing Tomcat applications with twill

Michael Oliver ollie at alariussystems.com
Sun Jan 15 07:32:06 PST 2006

I am looking both to test tomcat applications like Axis web services and
others, from Python and to access those tomcat applications and services
from python.

Initial attempts to access tomcat from python have failed when
authentication is required, most likely due to my inexperience with python,
but I have tried a dozen or so examples I have found on the web including
those with urllib2 and httplib, both with the Authentication handlers and
manually with base64 setting headers, all fail.

Can twill test tomcat applications that require tomcat authentication?

 <http://www.alariussystems.com>

 <http://mikeoliveraz.blogspot.com> Highly Cohesive and Loosely Coupled

Mike Oliver
CTO

Alarius Systems LLC

<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=6800+E.+Lake+Mead+Blvd&csz=L
as+Vegas%2C+NV+89156&country=us> 6800 E. Lake Mead Blvd
Apt 1096
Las Vegas, NV 89156

 <mailto:ollie at alariussystems.com> ollie at alariussystems.com
 <http://www.alariussystems.com/> http://www.alariussystems.com/