[twill] maxq subdirectory

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Feb 27 14:10:58 PST 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 04:01:17PM -0600, Andrew Harrington wrote:
-> The twill documentation says:
->
-> Writing twill scripts is boring. One simple way to get at least a rough
-> initial script is to use the maxq <http://maxq.tigris.org/> recorder to
-> generate a twill script. maxq <http://maxq.tigris.org/> acts as an HTTP
-> proxy and records all HTTP traffic; I have written a simple twill script
-> generator for it. The script generator and installation docs are
-> included in the twill distribution under the directory maxq/.
->
-> I just easy_installed twill .8.3 and there is no such maxq subdirectory.
->
-> ??
->
-> Thanks
->
-> --
->   Andrew N. Harrington
->   Computer Science Department      Undergraduate Program Director
->   Loyola University Chicago        http://www.cs.luc.edu/~anh
->   512B Lewis Towers (office)       Office Phone: 312-915-7982
->   Snail mail to Lewis Towers 416   Dept. Fax:    312-915-7998
->   820 North Michigan Avenue        aharrin at luc.edu
->   Chicago, Illinois 60611

Alas, it does not get installed via easy_install; I'm not actually sure
what to do about that.  Suggestions?  Where *should* it go?  (It's Java
code, not Python.)

It's available via the .tar.gz directly, on

	http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/

More to the point, perhaps, the maxq recorder doesn't work terribly
well.  OTOH I don't have a good solution for you (yet).

cheers,