[twill] Twill timeout question

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri Feb 24 12:59:49 PST 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 12:38:27PM -0800, Sean De La Torre wrote:
-> Is there a way to make a Twill connection timeout?
->
-> I'm using Twill as part of a monitoring tool for an internal website.  The
-> tool logs into a site, checks for data, and then logs out.
->
-> I'm running into issues with the site because when it is broken, it takes a
-> really long time to return data (> 10min), and rather than wait until the
-> site returns, I'm wondering if it's possible to have Twill timeout after a
-> user-defined period of time.
->
-> Thanks,
->
-> Sean
->
-> Note: I'm using Twill from within a Python program

Hi, Sean,

this is a good idea!  Have you tried using socket.setdefaulttimeout,

	http://docs.python.org/lib/module-socket.html

?  If it works for you I can add it into twill's configuration options,
too.

thanks,