[twill] is there a twill recorder?

titus@caltech.edu titus at caltech.edu
Thu Feb 16 10:40:56 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 11:48:58AM +0100, Michele Simionato wrote:
-> I have just tried the SeleniumRecord plugin for Firefox; I would like to see
-> something similar for twill, i.e. a plugin able to convert my clicks on the
-> browser in a twill script. Is there anything like than out there?

Hi, Michele,

there are three recorders available.

The maxq-based one that comes with twill is not very usable, although it
will at least track your page visits.

Ian Bicking wrote a TCPWatch-based recorder that is embryonic:

	http://lists.public.thoughtworks.org/pipermail/selenium-devel/2005-March/000187.html

I plan to extend this recorder and incorporate it into twill for the
beta release (v 0.9), but there's no due date on that; I'm focused on
the PyCon stuff for the next week.

Finally, Matt Harrison has written something to convert TestGen4Web
output into twill scripts:

http://panela.blog-city.com/generate_twill_scripts_and_mechanize_unittests_from_testgen4.htm

I haven't tried this out, because I don't use TestGen4Web, but my guess
is that this would be the best place for you to start.

HTH!  I should really put this on the twill page, eh?

cheers,