[twill] Help Please - How to use Twill to access Secure

Terry Peppers peppers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 14:13:50 PDT 2006

This is actually already built into Twill.

From: http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/twill/doc/commands.html

---

Authentication information for the given realm/URI combination. For
example,

add_auth IdyllStuff http://www.idyll.org/ titus test

tells twill that a request from the authentication realm "IdyllStuff"
under http://www.idyll.org/ should be answered with username 'titus',
password 'test'. If the 'with_default_realm' option is set to True,
ignore 'realm'.

---

This is how I can do it from the command line:

[terryp at Macintosh] terryp :: python
Python 2.4.3 (#1, Apr  7 2006, 10:54:33)
>>> from twill.commands import *
>>> u = "http://www.foo.com"
>>> add_auth("Foo Realm", u, "someuser", "somepass")
Added auth info: realm 'Foo Realm' / URI 'http://www.foo.com' / user 'someuser'
>>> go(u)
==> at http://www.yeah.com
'http://www.yeah.com'

The trick in my mind is getting the 'Realm' right - but in the dialog
box that get's thrown it should be mentioned.

Give that a spin.