[twill] twill & spidermonkey?

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sun Apr 30 09:40:25 PDT 2006

Titus, back on Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:08:54 -0800:
[...]
> First off, I seem to recall that the spidermonkey stuff is (according to
> the author) a nearly unrecoverable mess.
[...]

Well, not quite: it's certainly a mess ATM -- it was just a "0.0.1"
release, after all! -- but certainly not an unrecoverable one, IMHO.

OTOH, I'd quite understand if anybody other than me wouldn't want to work
with it until I'd cleaned it up a lot, of course! (and that's not likely
to happen :-( )  By far the worst part was the DOM stuff rather than
python-spidermonkey.  I certainly planned the DOM code as a prototype to
throw away later.  Still, I've seen much cleaner-looking spidermonkey
wrapper code since (some of which I posted to the wwwsearch-general list),
so maybe even I would start afresh, I guess that's possible.

I've heard of a few people actually using it (some even for real work,
which does scare me ;-).

John