[twill] Using tidy to fix broken forms

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri Apr 14 08:55:23 PDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 02:44:16PM +0300, Tomi Hautakoski wrote:
-> Hello, and first of all thanks for the great work with twill!
->
-> I'm having a problem with forms not showing up. My goal is to automate
-> the renewal of library loans with python & twill but after I login to the
-> library system with twill I do not get any forms at all:
->
-> (...)
-> current page: https://oula.linneanet.fi/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi
->  >> showforms
-> current page: https://oula.linneanet.fi/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi
->  >>
->
-> This is the source code for the page:
-> http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~thautako/library_page.txt
->
-> And this is how it looks from a normal browsers point of view:
-> http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~thautako/shot1.jpg
-> http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~thautako/shot2.jpg
->
-> So basically it contains a table of checkboxes and a submit button for
-> renewal. From the HTML-code I'm guessing that the uneven amount of <form>
-> tags is the reason for this? Isn't this where the tidy should come for
-> help and fix the code before twill processes it? How is it possible to
-> know that twill is using tidy? It should be on my path:
->
-> [14:40:34] (twill-0.8.4) #tidy -v
-> HTML Tidy for Linux/x86 released on 1 September 2005
->
-> Both 0.8.4 and 0.8.5a4-py2.4 seem to work the same. Any suggestions?

Well, I can duplicate the problem -- even after running tidy manually,
the forms aren't parsed properly.  I'm not sure where the problem is;
I'll have to track it down.

Very odd -- thanks for reporting this ;).