[twill] Using tidy to fix broken forms

Tomi Hautakoski thauta at iki.fi
Fri Apr 14 04:44:16 PDT 2006

Hello, and first of all thanks for the great work with twill!

I'm having a problem with forms not showing up. My goal is to automate
the renewal of library loans with python & twill but after I login to the
library system with twill I do not get any forms at all:

(...)
current page: https://oula.linneanet.fi/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi
 >> showforms
current page: https://oula.linneanet.fi/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi

This is the source code for the page:
http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~thautako/library_page.txt

And this is how it looks from a normal browsers point of view:
http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~thautako/shot1.jpg
http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~thautako/shot2.jpg

So basically it contains a table of checkboxes and a submit button for
renewal. From the HTML-code I'm guessing that the uneven amount of <form>
tags is the reason for this? Isn't this where the tidy should come for
help and fix the code before twill processes it? How is it possible to
know that twill is using tidy? It should be on my path:

[14:40:34] (twill-0.8.4) #tidy -v
HTML Tidy for Linux/x86 released on 1 September 2005

Both 0.8.4 and 0.8.5a4-py2.4 seem to work the same. Any suggestions?