[twill] Patch

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Sun Sep 18 15:59:33 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 03:27:01AM -0400, Ed Rahn wrote:
-> Hi Titus,
->
-> Attached is a patch that adds the following abilities to twill:
-> - Run twill scripts from within another twill script.
-> - Run a python statement within a twill script.
-> - Replace arguments that start with $ with respective glocal variables.
->
-> These changes make it possible to create template twill scripts and runner
-> scripts that set initial conditions and glocal variables and run these files.
->
-> The patch was taken against twill-latest 0.7.2

Hi, Ed,

I've added in the patch and it should show up in the publicly accessible
darcs repository soon.  Your patch is a good catalyst for me to
differentiate global and local namespaces, so I'm working on
implementing something sensible there; I've added setglobal and setlocal
functions so that your $variable substition has something to work with,
too ;).

thanks,