[twill] Setting ListControls by Value

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Nov 28 10:20:35 PST 2005

-> I needed to be able to set a list control by value.
-> So I added three lines to the set_form_control_value method in utils.py
-> as shown:
->
-> ----------------------------------------------------------
->
-> def set_form_control_value(control, val):
->      """
->      Helper function to deal with setting form values on lists etc.
->      """
->      if isinstance(control, ClientForm.ListControl):
->  >        if val[0:2] == '__':
->  >            control.set(1, val[2:], by_label=True )
->  >        else:
->              control.set(1, val)
->      else:
->          control.value = val
->
->
-> Basically you need to prefix the value with __ (two underscores).
->
-> It works for me. The syntax may be somewhat and could be improved ;)

Hi, Suresh,

could you give me an example case where you need to do this?

lazily yours,