[twill] Debugging twill

James Cameron james.cameron at hp.com
Mon Nov 21 21:53:26 PST 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 11:04:44AM +0530, sureshvv wrote:
> I am having a hard time debugging the mechanize module used by twill
> since it is inside an egg. Any hints on how this can be done easier?

Yes.  Make sure you use "debug http 1", as this does help a lot, and
unzip the .zip files containing mechanize, and read the source.  That
gave me what I needed to debug.

They don't appear to be .egg files, in 0.7.3 and 0.7.4.  Just zip files.

(My Python 2.3 installation doesn't appear to support the "develop"
method for setup.py, but I wonder if it is relevant.)

James Cameron