[twill] 'find' etc. returns

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Sat Nov 19 15:29:24 PST 2005

-> -> Sometimes I want to extract a string from the page (for example a new
-> -> id generated by the server) and use it in a following get request. I
-> -> think it would be useful if find() returned the match object. Or is
-> -> there another way to do what I'm looking for?
->
-> hi, Shalabh,
->
-> several people have requested this; I don't want to put return values in
-> (makes the semantics of the language too complicated!) but I could
-> easily do something like have __match__ be set to the last match found.
-> Dunno why I didn't think of that before...

Implemented; grab

	http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/twill-latest-2005-11-19.tar.gz

Note that this may not solve your problem; I may have to put in some
sort of string formatting system so that you can directly construct
strings with __var__ and $var.  Thoughts on how to do this welcome...