[twill] 'find' etc. returns

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Sat Nov 19 13:01:38 PST 2005

-> I recently downloaded twill and have already written a bunch of tests
-> for the cafepy web apps. It is definitely very easy to use.

thanks!

-> Sometimes I want to extract a string from the page (for example a new
-> id generated by the server) and use it in a following get request. I
-> think it would be useful if find() returned the match object. Or is
-> there another way to do what I'm looking for?

hi, Shalabh,

several people have requested this; I don't want to put return values in
(makes the semantics of the language too complicated!) but I could
easily do something like have __match__ be set to the last match found.
Dunno why I didn't think of that before...