[twill] query: docs, and web site.

James Cameron james.cameron at hp.com
Wed Nov 16 03:17:55 PST 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:25:22AM -0800, Titus Brown wrote:
> 1) what do you think of the current doc format?  (reST-based
> all-in-one page)

It's fine.  I like the all in one place design of the docs, and the
table of contents is most useful.

> 	What do you think?  Is it worth the effort?

No.  But take patches on it.  ;-)

> 2) should I set up a Trac project site?
> 	The disadvantage is that keeping such a site alive takes a
> 	bit of community effort, I *think*.

Yes.  I've been trying to generate community effort on my projects (e.g.
http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net) and mostly succeeding, because of the
large user base.  Only you can say if that will work with twill.

I'd say if you're getting more patches from people than making changes
yourself, it's time to reduce your workload by setting up this kind of
stuff.  Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

If you find a co-developer who is taking more than 25% of the load, then
coordination via such tools becomes more important.

Back to patching the docs ... wanted to propose a short darcs "get"
example, but couldn't find the "source" for README.html and README.txt,
so I presumed it was README.txt and tried using darcs to patch it.
Hopefully you'll get that test.  ;-)

Fascinating, I might try darcs myself.

--
James Cameron