[twill] Automatic e-mail control.

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Sat Nov 5 08:30:20 PST 2005

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 04:30:21PM +0100, bernardo fattori wrote:
-> Hello all,
-> I am new of this mailing list but I appreciate very
-> much twill as a tool for web automation.
-> Not being a professional programmer I am not
-> interested in automatic web application testing...)
-> I want instead to make a python script to control my
-> e-mails and eventually save them locally.
-> However, when I launch the web reference for my
-> e-mails, twill loads the login page.
->
-> IMHO, this is due to cookies. Where are they stored?
-> And can I load the standard cookies (with my
-> username/password) which are surely loaded when I make
-> an interactive launch from the browser.
->
-> I forgot: I use SUSE 9.3 and twill is the only tool I
-> have found to enable macro programming in Linux.
->
-> Being a noob, I have some difficulties to operate on
-> URLs needing login or cookies...
->
-> Bye.
-> Fiomba

Hi, Fiomba,

You need to use twill to log into the Web page first; then the cookies
will be saved appropriately.  You should be able to do this using the
'formvalue' and 'submit' commands.