[twill] managing sessions

David L. Erdman II linuxluser at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 19:26:15 PST 2005

I don't think this has been covered explicitely yet (if I'm wrong about
that, I appologize), but I would like to know how to import twill into
another program and still be able to maintain sessions. I know that there is
a browser class which I believe manages the sessions (cookies and whatnot),
so I'm wondering if I should include my own instance of this browser class
into my program in order to accomplish this.

The scenerio is this:
I want to make a program that uses twill as the interface to http, and the
website is one which requires a login to access pages. I should only have to
log in once and then have twill manage the session data so I can still go to
any page on the site without being redirected back to a login page.

I want to import the twill commands and use them directly as function calls.

Is this possible? I may be confused on implimenting twill. I appologize if I
missed something basic.

Thanks.

Dave Erdman II