[twill] twill pyparsing error...

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Dec 5 23:48:17 PST 2005

(Re Matt's blog at

	http://panela.blog-city.com/generate_twill_scripts_and_mechanize_unittests_from_testgen4.htm
)

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 11:03:44PM -0800, Matt Harrison wrote:
-> First of all I want to say thank you for creating twill.  It's a very cool
-> tool.

Glad to hear it!

-> Also, thanks for your comment on my blog.  The "& was unexpected" is
-> reproducible using yesterday's easyinstall of twill.
-> Here's a script that causes it:
->
-> #script generated by Twillify
-> debug commands 1
-> go http://www.google.co.in/
-> title "Google"
-> formvalue f q "twill python"
-> #doing click action , need to set formvalue first, so it will get clicked
-> formvalue f btnG "Google Search"
-> submit
-> title "twill python - Google Search"
-> follow "twill: a simple language for testing Web applications"
-> title "twill: a simple language for testing Web applications"
-> find "twill: a simple language for testing Web applications"
-> #end script
->
-> Here's the output of the script:
-> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\matt\twill-0.8>python
-> twill-sh .
-> .\out.twill
-> >> EXECUTING FILE ..\out.twill
-> twill: executing cmd 'go http://www.google.co.in/'
-> ==> at http://www.google.co.in/
-> twill: executing cmd 'title "Google"'
-> >& was unexpected at this time.
-> twill: executing cmd 'formvalue f q "twill python"'
-> >& was unexpected at this time.
-> twill: executing cmd 'formvalue f btnG "Google Search"'
-> control is read-only; nothing done.
-> twill: executing cmd 'submit'
-> Note: submit is using submit button: name="btnG", value="Google Search"
-> twill: executing cmd 'title "twill python - Google Search"'
-> >& was unexpected at this time.
-> twill: executing cmd 'follow "twill: a simple language for testing Web
-> applicati
-> ons"'
-> >& was unexpected at this time.
-> >& was unexpected at this time.
-> ==> at http://www.idyll.org/~t/www-tools/twill.html
-> twill: executing cmd 'title "twill: a simple language for testing Web
-> applicatio
-> ns"'
-> >& was unexpected at this time.
-> twill: executing cmd 'find "twill: a simple language for testing Web
-> application
-> s"'
-> --
-> 1 of 1 files SUCCEEDED.
->
-> How do you want me to proceed with this "bug"?  Is there a mailing list I
-> should be using instead?  (Couldn't find one on the website)

There is a list at twill at lists.idyll.org -- I CCed it on this e-mail.