[twill] Referrer issues

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Sat Dec 3 16:31:56 PST 2005

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 12:19:35AM +0100, Tom Parker wrote:
-> I've been messing around with Twill, and I have to say I'm impressed. 55
-> lines of Python, and I'm 95% of the way towards a Google Base
-> auto-submitter. However, there's one remaining issue. I'm trying to do a
-> form submit (original url is http, as is the submit url), from a form
-> with no submit button. Using the submit() method seems to mostly work,
-> but as I wasn't getting the expected response, I switched on the http
-> debugging. This told me that I wasn't sending a referer header, which is
-> causing the other end to reject my query.
->
-> Any ideas how to fix this? I'm using Python 2.4.0 with Twill 0.8
-> (installed via 'easy_install twill') running on a Windows 2000 machine.

Hi, Tom,

yep, right you are: submit didn't add the referer header.  I've fixed
this & put it in the -latest, at

	http://darcs.idyll.org/~t/projects/twill-latest.tar.gz

For easy_install, you should be able to do

	easy_install -f http://issola.caltech.edu/~t/dist/ twill

to upgrade.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you & we'll keep on fixing problems
;).

cheers,