[twill] Referrer issues

Tom Parker palfrey at tevp.net
Sat Dec 3 15:19:35 PST 2005

I've been messing around with Twill, and I have to say I'm impressed. 55
lines of Python, and I'm 95% of the way towards a Google Base
auto-submitter. However, there's one remaining issue. I'm trying to do a
form submit (original url is http, as is the submit url), from a form
with no submit button. Using the submit() method seems to mostly work,
but as I wasn't getting the expected response, I switched on the http
debugging. This told me that I wasn't sending a referer header, which is
causing the other end to reject my query.

Any ideas how to fix this? I'm using Python 2.4.0 with Twill 0.8
(installed via 'easy_install twill') running on a Windows 2000 machine.

Thanks,

Tom Parker