[TIP] Coverage report on host of data collected inside containers

Shiran_BenIsrael at amat.com Shiran_BenIsrael at amat.com
Thu Jul 28 08:26:14 PDT 2022

Hi
My use case is as follows
My test is devised of several different processes. Each inside its own container. I would like to get a single coverage report on the entire test
The python packages that I would like to track are usually installed in the base python of the containers, and in one container it is in virtual environment (instead of base python)
I output a different .coverage file for each and would like to

  1.  Combine them (they do share some libraries that I would like to get coverage on)
  2.  Report to html

The issue is that the paths are local to the container which captured the coverage
I would like to run combine and report on the host.
I know that for combine I can use [paths] to alias different paths that are the same (haven't worked with it yet since I am trying to run a single process at first).
I am not sure how to get the correct paths in the report.
When I run report I get an error of "no source for code" which makes sense but I can't find a way to run the report on the host even though all of the code exists on the host.

Sincerely
Shiran

The content of this message is APPLIED MATERIALS CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me, delete this email and do not use or distribute this email.