[TIP] coverage.py vs QGIS

Sebastian M. Ernst ernst at pleiszenburg.de
Tue Apr 14 08:05:43 PDT 2020

Hi all,

I am trying to use `coverage.py` inside QGIS (1, 2). QGIS is a large
hybrid C++/Python Qt-based application.

Long story short: I am running into what appear to be nondeterministic
race conditions plus a bunch of other issues. After reading the manual,
I am guessing that with respect to QGIS' threads and Qt's event loops
coverage.py is not meant to be used in this context ;)

Question: Does anybody around here have any experience at all with
coverage.py and QGIS or just coverage.py inside larger
(C++/Qt/PyQt/hybrid) applications?

Best regards,
Sebastian

1: https://www.qgis.org