[TIP] pytest-sugar -> pytest

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Sep 19 02:37:24 PDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:08:03AM +0200, Stefan Scherfke wrote:
> I think it might make sense to merge/integrate pytest-sugar into pytest
> (or just modify pytest’s default output format).  What do you think?

-1 from my side. I've seen it fail in funny ways in some special
terminals (even unicode output can be problematic). I'd rather have a
default output which actually works in various scenarios.

I think smaller incremental changes (like the progress output which was
added) are nice, but pytest-sugar as a whole comes with too many
gotchas.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)