[TIP] Feedback request: flake8-aaa

Daniel Knüttel daniel.knuettel at daknuett.eu
Sun Sep 16 01:44:21 PDT 2018

Hi James,

Your plugin seems to be really helpful, especially for young
programmers. I am pretty sure that I will enforce the usage of this
plugin for my junior developers :-P.

Just like you I think that formalization is a big improvement for all
parts of software development but most tests are more like a dirty hack
to get stuff done although it is most important to understand them fast
and perfectly.

By the way: do you know a way to help young developers to understand
test driven development and to implement it in their workflow?
I often face the problem that they use a python shell or a small "main
script" to debug their code instead of writing actual tests. Which is
extremely annoying in a team, in particular when they ask you for help
and there is no test (or the "main script") on the VCS.

Daniel

Daniel Knüttel <daniel.knuettel at daknuett.eu>