[TIP] spawning a subprocess from within a pytest test

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 09:56:50 PDT 2018

Thanks Andre.

I usually have an exception handler to terminate the process and/or
wait for the process to end to terminate the process.

As for Tox, I don't use it, but will keep that in mind in case I ever do.

For the program I'm working on, I'm in the process of making stand-alone
executables for Linux, Mac, and Windows. I want to be able to tun the tests
on the .py files as well as the stand-alone executables. I'm sure there
will be many bumps in the road.

thanks

Tony