[TIP] Should pytest work with stand-alone python executables built with PyInstaller and similar?

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 21:23:52 PDT 2018

I've written some tests with pytest, and now need to distribute a
single-file executable
on systems that do not have Python installed. I need to do this for Mac,
Linux and Windows.

Since the tests I've written for my application work when the application
Is a .py file, should these tests also work when my application is bundled
into a single-file executable, built with PyInstaller, or similar bundling
tool?

thanks

Tony