[TIP] Travis.ci => tox => py.test => exited with code -11

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 14:36:26 PDT 2018

Hi Olemis,

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 6:30 PM Olemis Lang <olemis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> We are running a (relatively) complex build job on Travis . The steps are
> like this :
>
> - git clone with submodules
> - compile go in submodule
> - run SWIG , input interface files from submodule
> - compile C  extension module
> - run tox
> - run py.test
>
> The py.test build step fails [1]_ with exit error code -11 . Nonetheless
> this code is not listed in py.test exit codes list [2]_ .
>
> Does anybody know what could be happening with py.test during this build ?
> What's py.test error code -11 about ?

This error code is not coming from pytest, it seems like one of your tests
is crashing. Since you have a custom C extension module, I would guess the
problem is there.

I suggest running pytest with `-v` to see which test is crashing, and
trying to figure out what might be causing it from there.

Hope that helps,
Bruno.