[TIP] Mechanize replacement in Python3?

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Sep 22 01:15:21 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 09:43:06PM +0000, Vicki Laidler wrote:
> What have people successfully used to replace mechanize in your
> Python3 conversion? We use it for a bunch of tests that it would be
> nice not to have to completely rewrite.

WebTest.

zope.testbrowser was a wrapper around mechanize, and now it's a wrapper
around WebTest (while keeping the same API, more or less).

(The transition was somewhat painful, AFAIR.  I was only tangentially
involved.)

Marius Gedminas
--
If you have to run heating in winter, you don't own enough computers.